Varsity Letter Criteria
- Athletes need to communicate absence from practice prior tothe day in which he will be absent. Failure to notify coaches prior to absence will result in a ‘strike’.
- Unexcused absences may lead to suspension from Varsity competition.
All athletes are expected to conduct themselves in a positive manner at all times. All team, school, conference, and WIAA rules are expected to be followed at all times. Violation of rules will result in a ‘strike’. It is a must the Northstar cross country team members are a positive representative of our team both at school and throughout the Waukesha community. Conduct at cross country meets is of utmost importance. Respect will be shown toward the grounds and facilities of host schools. It is important that we give proper respect to our opponent, their families and fans. Waukesha North Cross Country is a first class act!! If anyone makes our program appear less than that, they will be dismissed from the team.
In order to earn a Varsity letter, an athlete must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Participate in a minimum of 4 Varsity meets
- Run a faster time than a Varsity runner a minimum of 4 races
- Achieve outstanding accomplishments such as finishing in the top 20 of the conference meet, finish in the top 25% at a major invitational in a Varsity race, or qualify for the state meet.
- Meet the Northstar standard for your grade level:
- Freshmen: 18:00
- Sophomore: 17:30
- Junior: 17:15
- Senior: 17:00
- Be a member of the cross country program for 4 years
End of Season Requirements:
An athlete must meet all post season requirements before they are given their athletic award for the season. This includes check in of all school issued equipment, and reimbursement to the school for any lost or damaged equipment.